Re: July CPU on 11.2.0.2

  • From: Li Li <litanli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gjilevski@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 22:13:18 -0500

Thanks Suse, Thomas, Robert and Guenadi for your reply! Adding oracle
to the asmadmin group did fix the problem!

One more question: Do you guys apply the CPU to the GI_HOME? It
doesn't say that in Patch Set Update and Critical Patch Update July
2011 Availability Document [ID 1323616.1], but I think it should be
applied to the GI_HOME as well since ASM instance runs on the GI_HOME.
I tried to apply it in a test environment and it did apply
successfully with 1 minor warning, it also skipped several patches.
Can anyone confirm this? :)

Thanks and have a great weekend!
-Li