RE: Julian Dyke's RAC book

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:51:41 -0800

>>>logs on OCFS. Problem with OCFS is that it can ONLY do
>>>direct I/O and file access utilities like RMAN are horribly
>>>slow. In other words, RMAN can benefit enormously from pre-fetch.
>>>I learned that the hard way. He did include the discussion
>>>about the OCFS block size, which is something that I learned

Oh, I forgot to say that while doing the technical review of
Julian's book, I tried to get another point to stick about OCFS2.
It doesn't work unless you have 3 nodes...just ask SuSE (the only
distro that ships it)...read more:

http://kevinclosson.wordpress.com/2006/10/26/now-is-the-time-to-open-sou
rce/