Re: Java Versions certified by Oracle Database Server and Oracle Application Server

  • From: Job Miller <jobmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArnoldS@xxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:26:00 -0700 (PDT)

Can you access this note?

          Subject:   How to manually replace Java (JRE/JDK) in Grid Control or
DB Console Home       Doc ID:   Note:463072.1  Type:   HOWTO       Last
Revision Date:   16-OCT-2007

  it says:

  # Java version must be 1.4.2_xx <---very important
# Version 1.5.0/1.6.0 will not work <---very important
# If the installed version of Java comes from an OS vendor,
# get the DST certified version for 1.4.2 revision.

"Arnold, Sandra" <ArnoldS@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Does anyone know what versions of Java that are certified for Oracle
Database Server 10.2.0.3 and Oracle Application Server 10.1.2.0.2?  The version
of the Application Server is what is installed with Oracle Enterprise Manager
Grid 10.2.0.3?  If you know of a document or white paper, etc., that I can
refer to, it would be greatly appreciated.  I am trying to answer a question
posed by my Solaris Unix Systems Admin why we are having to use the 1.4.2
versions of java versus 1.5 or 1.6.

  Thanks,

Sandra Arnold
  Sr. Database Administrator