Re: JVM in the database

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 19:02:23 -0500

I used Perl for that. Not as fancy as Java but it does the job.

Regards

On 11/18/19 2:30 PM, Jeff Chirco wrote:

I use a java procedure to dump blob files to an actual file. We store some PDF's in the database as blob and at times they need to be dumped to a files. Usually its when they want hundreds at time. We found doing this in a loop with PL/SQL was really slow and slower over time. I found a Java procedure to do this and is is super quick.
We also have another to get file and directory information. It returned back more information that PL/SQL and also was really fast.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant