Re: JDBC connectivity to Oracle RAC

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ckaj111@xxxxxxxx, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 21:59:41 +0200

Hi,
the default SCAN configuration works with Oracle client 11.2 or higher.
Pre-11.2 clients need a different configuration,
check Version and Backward Compatibility in the following document:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/clustering/overview/scan-129069.pdf

Regards
Dimitre

On 02/07/2014 20:13, Chris King wrote:
I've got RAC 11gR2 set up in the lab, and am running the scan listener. I've had a number of applications already connecting to the database without issue. And I've reviewed my listener and tnsnames.ora set up with Oracle tech support, and they've found it is properly configured.

However, all of the BMC applications trying to connect are having issue. Remedy, which uses a sqlplus client, and Bladelogic, which uses a JDBC driver both will only connect if they specify the instance name instead of the database name (i.e. racdb1 instead of racdb.mydomain). They throw tns errors for everything else.

We know that the proper ports, etc. are open, because the BMC applications will connect to the database if we specify an instance name. So it's not an issue of network flow or firewalls, etc. And we've verified that these applications run with RAC.

Has anyone used BMC and experienced the same issues? know of the workarounds?

Thanks in advance all!
-ck