Re: JAVA in the database

  • From: Hemant Chitale <hemantkchitale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 21:44:35 +0800

No,  they are not tightly.  They are completely independent.  Ask the
developers which installation they are using.

Hemant K Chitale.
Sent from a smartphone.

On Nov 3, 2010 9:32 PM, <TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok so I have to plead complete ignorance here.

I have a request from developers to "update java to newer version",   I
thought the JVM that is installed into the database is completely separate
from what is installed on the unix server, what am I missing?  They are not
tightly coupled or are they?

joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715