RE: JAVA Developer

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:41:32 -0500

Joel,

Here are a couple:

Do you use bind variables?  Do you use them only as needed or all the
time? (All the time is the correct answer).

Do you prefer to use stored packages/procs or write your own sql and
submit it from Java?

Have you ever used reference cursors within Oracle?

When designing tables for use by your application, do you include
foreign keys in your design, or do you prefer to handle the logic within
the application?

Good Luck!

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this
transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In addition,
unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.