RE: Is this Needed? Dragging OT

  • From: "Hallas, John, Tech Dev" <John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx>, <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:43:07 -0000

I have not followed this discussion too closely but looked in when I saw
the word contractor.
WRT references. I understand these days it is very unusual to get any
sort of written reference for any sort of job.

If an employer writes too good a reference there is a potential he could
be sued for over-egging the pudding to get rid of a bad employee
If an employer writes anything that could be construed as bad he can be
sued.
Therefore any written reference is limited to 'Person a worked here from
a to b date'

John