RE: Is this Needed?

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:51:36 -0400

Yes.  Total waste of time.

Unless they are moving mount points around.  But even then, you could
use "alter table move" commands.

Somebody read an old document on the web.

Here is a chance for you to be a soothsayer.  Tell everyone that this
will not solve anything, that they should be spending more time on
tracing slow transactions to see what the *real* problem is.