Is this Needed?

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:40:58 -0400

I just received a notice from our technical team leader that we were going to
schedule a 'refresh' on our transactional database in order to improve
performance. They are going to truncate and reimport the production schema.  Is
this technique useful for a 9i database?  I'm thinking that in earlier versions
of Oracle it might have been helpful but on the other hand I don't see any
discussion of this on any board that I am monitoring.  Is this a waste of time?

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Bureau of Information Technology
Pennsylvania Department of Health