Re: Is there an option for insert statements/DML to be captured similar to DDLs generated with import imp show=y

  • From: Mathias Magnusson <mathias.magnusson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 07:31:18 +0200

I think the request here is to convert the data in the dmp file into insert
statements required to "load" that data into a table. I do not thing it is
about capturing running SQLs in the DB or the statements that was used to
get the data into the table. Is this correct?
I don't think it is possible to get it automatically other than by capturing
statements as the imp job runs (maybe via log miner).

If this is correct, try taking one step back and explaining the problem you
need to solve rather than the solution to your perceived problem that has
led you to another problem (unless this isn't the original problem somehow +
in which case understanding a little more about that would be helpful)

Mathias