Re: Is there a repository to pick Perl DBI/DBD::Oracle modules for Solaris 10 & Oracle 10gr2?

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:20:44 +0000

Very valid point!

You could also use the perl that comes in $ORACLE_HOME/perl, and funny enough I have blogged about how to do this as well :)

http://www.the-playground.de/joomla//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=198&Itemid=46

The downside is that you are probably limited to what other modules you can compile in...

Hope that helps,

Martin

Rich Jesse wrote:
I did build it with Solaris Studio but for one architecture. I think it
was V440. Then it failed to run our T2000 and T5120 boxes.

Have you thought about simply installing the Oracle Grid Control Agent in
[...]
use DBI qw(:sql_types);

HTH!  GL!

Rich