Re: Is my Oracle Server issuing more IO than it can handle

  • From: OKH <okh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracledbawannabe@xxxxxxxxx" <oracledbawannabe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 17:57:14 +0100

hi,

well, for a wannabe your quite good analyzing. I'd glad to have some wannabes
like you..

first: the high free buffer waits indicates that you're reading a lot from
disk. As the dbw usually writes asynchronously I suspect that it also writes
with low priority. So this could explain the high average write times. I'd
first check the buffer cache size to lower free buffer waits and than check
again

regards

Felix Castillo Sanchez