RE: Is it really necessary to reduce ITL Waits to near zero?

  • From: "Taft, David" <TaftD@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 15:43:49 -0400

<the sound of crickets in the background>  Yea, silence is pretty much what
I got from my co-workers on this same subject.  I probably provided too much
info. Believe me, I do understand,  however please let me ask this question:

If ITL Waits are not a significant contributor to response time nor causing
deadlocks, can you think of a circumstance that justifies reducing ITL waits
on an object?  Must be my analness, but I keep feeling like I've overlooked
something.

Thanks,

David Taft

From: Taft, David

My main concern is if this analysis is sound.  I think it is, but would
appreciate a second opinion ...