Is it possible to dynamically alter 'db_recovery_file_dest' in the presence of a guaranteed restore point?

  • From: fmh <fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 15:26:25 -0400

On an 11.2 database, if I have a GRP and the destination fills up, I can
dynamically point it to a larger filesystem, but will the flb files
continue to generate into the new destination.
Most of the docs I read requested for that to happen, I need disable/enable
flashback.
Has anyone read/done it otherwise?

Thank you.