Re: Is it just me

  • From: Connor McDonald <hamcdc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:00:06 +0100 (BST)

I haven't tried this so take this with a grain of salt...

How about creating materialized view logs on the tables that need auditing,
using the "including
..."  clause to capture all of the rows?  I'm not sure whether this would
capture enough info for
you ...

hth
connor

 --- Lisa Spory <lspory@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > If all you have to do is log that someone has touched a table,
> then maybe default Oracle auditing is enough?
> No, I need to audit insert, update and delete operations on subset of tables
> and columns,
> tracking identity of the user that made the change and the old and new values.
[snip]>

=====
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"
ISBN: 1590592174

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald@xxxxxxxxx

Coming Soon! "Oracle Insight - Tales of the OakTable"

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish,
and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"