RE: Is is safe to drop old temp space?

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:22:18 -0500

It if is truly a temporary tablespace you should be all set. If it is an old
style permanent tablespace that is assigned as temporary it is possible that
someone with the right credentials could have stored a permanent table or
index there. However, in that case, unless you use the "including contents"
keywords on the drop tablespace command Oracle should refuse the drop.

Hmm. I guess it would have been shorter to say that if drop tablespace temp
works without any keywords then you should be just fine.

mwf