Re: Is a RDBMS needed?

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 21:07:21 +1000

Trust me: that is most definitely not the case here.
A contract DBA is lucky to make that amount per day, if ever.

Developers? The last ones we contracted came in at 2grand/day. And did more damage than a lifetime of DBAs...

The whole equation for ROI really needs to be re-examined: the "expensive DBA" has been a chestnut for years now, about time some folks opened their eyes to the real costs in *any* project!

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto

Dba DBA wrote,on my timestamp of 30/06/2011 12:27 AM:
operations DBAs in the US tend to make considerably more than developers. Now
that is not always true in a slow economy. There is alot of low balling. but if
they are low balling the dbas at a company, they are probably doing the same to
developers.