Re: Is a RDBMS needed?

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:22:25 +1000

Dba DBA wrote,on my timestamp of 28/06/2011 12:00 AM:

scaling concerns may not be real high anyway. The time to develop may be faster
and the costs lower since you don't have to pay a DBA, the developers can do
everything, and the developers are too lazy to learn how the database works. On

Where are these developers that are cheaper than a DBA? Over here, they get paid at $1500/day minimum, while DBAs are lucky if they can get $500/day... Isn't it about time we pin-pointed WHERE the expenses are going instead of rolling out the tired old "DBAs are expensive" chestnut? Might have been true 10 years ago. Not anymore and hasn't been for a looong time.

guys lingo (they do have their own internal lingo). We can't control what
developers can do, but we can improve our own skills. If you learn to talk to
developers like a developer its easier to get them to listen to you. You will
also have better suggestions since you understand the application better. Alot
of this just comes from talking to developers and asking questions. I have found

The alternative is of course to improve the quality of developers?

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto