Re: Is a RDBMS needed?

  • From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dasebw@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:17:09 -0500

Sorry I'm late to this discussion.

In terms of explaining the value of an RDBMS in terms that a business
manager could relate to, here is my 2 cents worth.
    - As an application operates, it usually stores data.
    - While the data is accumulated to benefit the application, over time
this data can become a valuable resource to the organization. Other
applications can reference this data.
    - If the data is stored in a normalized schema in an RDBMS, the data
will be easily accessible for other purposes in the organization, using a
variety of tools.

Dennis Williams