Re: Is Oracle for Solaris x86 ready for prime time?

  • From: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:51:31 -0800

If you are looking at 10gR2 for critical production systems than you
are amongst pioneers anyway. One can argue that they are running 10g
in production for a year or more but definitions of criticality vary.

Alex,

FWIW, I saw a live demo of DB Control/ADDM on Oracle's own worldwide Oracle
Apps Single instance that apparently is 4 TB (?). This was at OOW and the
demo was part of a presentation by none other than Ahmed Al-Omari. Oracle
Apps is a pretty complex (in terms of number of objects, users, mid-tier
technology stacks, size, SQL code and the number of intergrations between
the 200+ modules). This may have been on oversized hardware (4 Node RAC, 50+
Apps servers, etc.), but I was quite impressed, actually. I think they have
been live on 11.5.10 with 10gR2 about 6-8 months at least?

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc

Disappointment is always inevitable; Discouragement is invariably optional

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **