Re: Is 10g available for Mandrake Linux ?- Hardware req

  • From: Birkir Bjornsson <birkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 11:27:06 +0000

Jay

I would say you should be able to setup Oracle 10g on Mandrake, Im running in on Gentoo Linux 1.4, with no errors at all. But I had already installed 9.2 and that was a little problem. I had to downgrade glibc and binutils to get it to link proberly.

Jay wrote:

Stephane,

Thanks for your response.

The follwing link did not specify anything about processor speed? What
should be the min Intel processor speed?

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/html/B10813_01/toc.htm#BAGBFCFF

-----Original Message----- From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Stephane Faroult Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 9:06 PM To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: Is 10g available for Mandrake Linux ?

Jay wrote:

Dear All,

I have Madrake Linux V 9.0 at home. Is it possibel to install 10G on this
platform?

Thanks
Jay

Jay,

  Try
        ./runInstaller -IGNORESYSPREREQS

but I wouldn't be wildly optimistic about the issue. I have tried on an
admittedly older Mandrake version (although I tend to keep up-to-date
glibc-wise) and I have had weird errors about not being able to create
directories where there should have been no problem at all. Right now I
am pondering RH or Suse. Or postgres.

--
Regards,

Stephane Faroult