Interpreting v$rsrc_consumer_group

  • From: "Allan Nelson" <anelson77388@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:16:46 -0500

Hello List,

We have just begun to run database resource manager in our production
instance in the last day or so.  My question has to do with interpreting the
v$rsrc_consumer_group view.  We are on Oracle v10.1.0.5 and running on HP-UX
11 if that matters.  This is an E-Business  suite database and the apps
version v11.5.10.1.
First what is the unit for the columns CPU_WAIT_TIME and CPU_CONSUMED_TIME.
Second, is it valid to look at ratios of say yields/requests or
cpu-waits/requests and use those to say for instance, if my high priority
group has 250,000 request and 4000 yields and my reporting group has 6000
requests and 1500 yields then I'm doing pretty well at getting CPU to the
high_priority group because they are forced to give up the CPU much less
than the report_group.

Advice or insight welcome.  We are very new to this and closing is coming

Thanks
Allan.