Re: Intermittent ORA 600 [kdsgrp1]

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arvind.kumar2@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:43:36 +0700

Arvind,
The kdsgrp1 function stands for "kernel data scan get row piece" - in other
words the function which can extract a row from a buffer. When an ORA-600
happens in this function, then Oracle thinks it must be some sort of a data
corruption in buffer cache and dumps the latest redo *that modified this
buffer* into a tracefile. That's why the "log file sequential read" wait
events show up in a foreground session ... Note that you might not
necessarily have a (memory) corruption happening as the ORA-600 error might
be raised because of some software bug (I've seen such issues with spatial
datatypes ...)

--
Tanel Poder
New Online Training! - http://blog.tanelpoder.com/seminar