Re: Intel Compared to Sun M-Series

  • From: Oracle Dba Wannabe <oracledbawannabe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 16:29:13 -0700 (PDT)

I suppose I should have chosen my words more carefully - the reason I actually
asked this question is because a partner provided us with some sizing result
for an Oracle ebs deployment. There were 2 sizings one on Intel the other on
spare vii7+, apparently twice the number of sun sparc cores are required
compared to Intel - this was the basis for my question. I get what you're
saying that performance is just not about cpu power. But all things equal (if
that's possible), the Intel solution appears to also be a cheaper option given
the core factors are also the same? The confusing thing is this sizing appears
to simply say the Intel core is better than the sparc one?

Thanks......Matt