Re: Installing Oracle 19c (19.7) on Oracle Linux 8.2......

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 22:37:14 -0400

Mark, I've run into this and I resolved the problem by running gridSetup,sh with the -responseFile argument. There should be a response file with the "*.rsp" extension in the $GRID_HOME.

BTW, I decided that rushing to Oracle Linux 8.2 isn't worth the trouble. Why do you want such a bleeding edge configuration? I don't find OL 8.x a substantial improvement over 7.x , at least not yet.

On 6/18/20 6:41 PM, Mark J. Bobak wrote:

My understanding is that 19c is supported on OL8.1+, but only with the 19.7 patchset.  Apparently, you're supposed to be able to run giidSetup.sh, and it will work for installation, but you shouldn't attempt to use it till you've patched it to 19.7.

Well, when I run gridSetup.sh, (19.3) I first get a warning about O/S compatibility.  I click through it, and I get the first window, but, it's totally blank, and the buttons at the bottom are all greyed out except for 'Help' and 'Cancel'.

Anyone run into this?  Any ideas?  I've been searching Google and MOS, but without any luck, so far.

Help?  Anyone have any experience with this?

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant