Re: Install gurus wit tricks

  • From: Steve Farmer <hts@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BSpears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:51:45 +0100

Hi Brain,

I do it all the time on Linux with no problems

Regards
Steve
At 3:51 PM -0400 12/9/05, Spears, Brian wrote:

Hi, years ago we use to install oracle on one unix machine...tar it up and transfer to many other machines to save time and ensure everything was installed the same. This was on HP's/Suns. I was proposing that to my current group to do that method again but just wanted to know if anybody is doing it or has tried it...

And/or is there problems preventing or complicating this?

Thanks
Brian

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
-Abraham Lincoln, U.S. president (1809-1865)
Support free speech; visit http://www.efa.org.au/

Heads Together Software Pty Ltd http://www.hts.com.au Email: hts@xxxxxxxxxx Tel: +44 7985 602 102