Re: Install grid control

  • From: "David Boyd" <davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jheinrich@xxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:24:20 -0500

Jason,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm trying to install Oracle10gR2. Under 'Enterprise Manager 10g Grid Control Using a New Database 10.1.0.3.0' option, I see only a management service, a management repository (an Oracle database containing repository), and a management agent will be installed. I don't see HTTP server.

David

I recently setup a test grid control machine.  After a couple of false
starts, I just let the grid control installer install everything (including
the 9.0.1 repository database and HTTP server) with default settings into
the same Oracle home, and it works great.  The only thing that needs to go
into its own home directory is the agent.

Speaking of the agent, be sure to apply the 10.1.0.4 patch to the management
server and any agents you have installed. On Windows I had a problem with
agents not being able to communicate with the server until I applied the
patch.