Re: Install grid control

  • From: Jason Heinrich <jheinrich@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:11:09 -0600

I recently setup a test grid control machine.  After a couple of false
starts, I just let the grid control installer install everything (including
the 9.0.1 repository database and HTTP server) with default settings into
the same Oracle home, and it works great.  The only thing that needs to go
into its own home directory is the agent.

Speaking of the agent, be sure to apply the 10.1.0.4 patch to the management
server and any agents you have installed.  On Windows I had a problem with
agents not being able to communicate with the server until I applied the
patch.

On 11/29/2005 11:38 AM, David Boyd wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I'm trying to install Oracle10g grid control on WindowsXP.  I'd like to get
> advices on what I should pay attention from your experience.  By reading the
> installation guide briefly, it seems I need install Oracle database, Oracle
> HTTP server, and grid control.  What's the order to install those
> components, Oracle database, Oracle HTTP server, and then grid control?
> Does each component need its own Oracle home?  Any input is welcome.  Thanks
> in advance.
>
> David

Jason Heinrich
Oracle Database Administrator