Re: Install RAC failed at running root.sh step

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lu Jiang <lu.jiang69@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 23:16:38 +0100

On 24/01/2013 18:19, Lu Jiang wrote:
> Thanks Dimitre.
> I just checked these virtual boxes, looks the public interfaces are
> not resolved by DNS, they are only resolved by the host file. Could
> this be the problem?

Hi Lu,
I don't think so.
Could you check the hosts file: localhost should resolve to 127.0.0.1,
not to the address associated with the hostname.
Please also try the following commands and post their output:

ping localhost
nslookup localhost

Could you also post the hosts file on the node where root.sh fails
(obfuscate IP addresses, names and aliases if necessary).

Regards
Dimitre