Install Oracle10g RAC on original Oracle9i RAC server with MC/Service Guard

  • From: "Leyi Zhang (Kamus)" <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle_l <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 22:38:40 +0800

Hi, lists

We plan to implement an Oracle database upgrade work. Platform: HP-UX
PA-RISC 11i V1 (11.11),

This is 2-nodes Oracle9.2.0.4 RAC with MC/Service Guard, sum(bytes)
from dba_segments is about 200G.  To minimize database down time, we
are planing to install Oracle10gR2 RAC into new ORACLE_HOME while old
production 9.2.0.4 RAC is running, and using DBUA to upgrade whole
database after shutting down 9204 instance.

I'm wonder is there anyone has such implementation experience, my concern is:
If new 10g Clusterware public IP (NIC interface) is the same as 9i
public IP, any problem? Or we have to use different NIC to complete
installation and change to the original one at the final stage?

Any sharing is appreciated.

--
Kamus <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>

Visit my blog for more : http://www.dbform.com