Re: Inserts into Partitioned Table fail with Ora-14400

  • From: JApplewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Mark.Brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:38:00 -0500

Mark,

Are you sure you have all the partitions in-between the Min and Max and
that they're defined so that no dates could fall through a crack?

Just a thought.

Jack C. Applewhite
Austin I.S.D.

"Brady, Mark" <Mark.Brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/30/2007 04:17 PM
Please respond to
Mark.Brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Inserts into Partitioned Table fail with Ora-14400

We’re inserting records via SQL*Loader into a 9.2.0.6.
The table is Range Partitioned.
The last partition is defined as Maxvalue.
If you have a maxvalue partition it should not be possible to see
Record 8: Rejected - Error on table LEAVES.
ORA-14400: inserted partition key does not map to any partition
But every record fails.
MaxValue should be just like an “else”, right? And the docs say that Nulls
go to maxvalue partitions.
Either the value is less than some partition we defined or less than
maxvalue but it’s not unmappable.
What am I missing?

Thanks,
Mark Brady