RE: Insert contention on RAC

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tim@xxxxxxxxx" <tim@xxxxxxxxx>, "mwf@xxxxxxxx" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:59:13 -0400

Another option would be:
Insert one row into table
Alter table <table_name> minimize records_per_block;
Insert as many rows as you'll need.  (You'll get one block per row inserted.)
Delete from <table_name>;
Alter table <table_name> nominimize records_per_block;

That way, you don't have to mess w/ pctused/pctfree calculations.  You'll get
exactly one row per block.  It's just a little quicker/cleaner way to extend
the table to the size you need.

-Mark
--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies

ProQuest...Start here.