Re: Indexing options to avoid contention -- 10gR2

  • From: David Aldridge <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oxnard Montalvo <oxnard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 19:31:10 -0700 (PDT)

If you're talking about Oracle Streams, then here's the problem with that --
it's not a revenue generator for Oracle because it just comes with EE anyway.
It may well be robust technology etc.,but you need very good people to work on
it because from some informal discussions I've had, including with Oracle
people, support for Streams is not much of a priority.

Our asynchronous CDC solution will be via Informatica PowerExchange, which is
really a connector for LogMiner. It has the advantages that we already are
licensed for it, we barely need any DBA or other team support to run it, and
Informatica set it up for us gratis on our performance test environment.