RE: Index-Organized Table experiences

  • From: "Khedr, Waleed" <Waleed.Khedr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:53:15 -0400

Main reason deciding to use IOT is avoiding an extra rowid access to the
table to fetch some other columns not part of the index and are
expensive to include them in the index.=20
In your case the table has two columns only that will be part of the
primary key.
So no real gain of using IOT except saving some disk space (no need for
the table segment) and removing some confusion for the optimizer.
On the other hand, direct loading the IOT will be slower than direct

Hope it helps,

Waleed