RE: Index usage or last used

  • From: "Lex de Haan" <lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>, <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:04:45 +0100

I know this is not really the answer you were waiting for :-)
but the main purpose of putting indexes (or tables) in monitoring mode in 9i is
*not* to provide you with information, but rather to enable Oracle to perform
smarter statistics collection. See the documentation of the DBMS_STATS package.

By the way, in 10g segment monitoring is the instance-wide default; you cannot
enable/disable it anymore for individual database objects.

hope this still helps a little bit,

Lex.

Visit my website at http://www.naturaljoin.nl