RE: Index thrashing still after Alter table move and new buildin g of indexes.

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:18:48 -0400

Alter table move repacks the table.  You can verify this by moving a table
that has had a significant number of deletes so that it takes fewer extents
to hold the rebuilt version.  Remember that you must rebuild the indexes
after moving the table the indexes point to.  And your statistics will need
updating.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --