Re: Index scan and redundant sorting

  • From: Daniel Fink <Daniel.Fink@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:10:29 -0700

Let's see if I understand correctly. For an IFS or IRS, the
blocks of an index are read (in single block read mode) in the
order of their existence within the tree. For an IFFS, all
blocks in the segment (below the HWM) are read in order of their
'physical' existence within the segment. This is not the order
of their existence within the tree, so the blocks are 'out of
order'.

Dan