Index in SUMDELTA$

  • From: "Robertson Lee - lerobe" <Lee.Robertson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:10:47 +0100

Guys,

Oracle 10gR2
AIX 6

Got alerted that our SYSTEM tablespace was getting full and on checking
the space taken up by the objects in there noticed that we have an index
(IN_SUMDELTA$) on the table SUMDELTA$, taking up 344Mb of SYSTEM
tablespace. The table is only 55Mb.
I don't know too much about this but a quick google showed me that it is
tied to materialized views. Not much out there on Google other than that
and I don't have access to Metalink at the moment as our SAC has changed
and I am awaiting authorization.

I can see that there are a few bugs around about the table not clearing
down on refreshes of the MV but nothing with regards to the index. Any
advice or links to articles would be much appreciated. I am reluctant to
rebuild the index on one of these "SYSTEM" tables.

Cheers
Lee

intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
legally privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank you.