RE: Incorrect cardinality estimate

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joseph Amalraj <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 09:09:58 -0700

I should perhaps clarify that with "gather any column statistics separately" I mean to seperately gather column statistics for the (few) columns where I have identified that a histogram is beneficial. And then of course it is simply a matter of issuing a series of gather_table_stats(ownname, tabname, estimate_percent=>100, method_opt=>'for columns size {254 | skewonly} colname');

At 08:53 AM 2/1/2007, Joseph Amalraj wrote:
That's very good advice for gathering statistics.

Please let me know how do you

gather any column statistics separately with estimate_percent=>100

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
www.centrexcc.com