Re: Improper Load Balancing

  • From: "goran bogdanovic" <goran00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:00:41 +0100

I forgot to mention, server side session based load balancing...:-)

On 3/22/07, goran bogdanovic <goran00@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Have you tried sever side load balancing?

Regards,
Goran

Freeman, Donald wrote:

We are experiencing problems with the database connectivity from the
production web servers for the last 2-3 weeks. We are using Oracle RAC in
the production and there are 2 database servers. Somehow the connection goes
to one database server intermittently, not all the time. But when it happens
we see* most of the connections going to the same Oracle node i.e. second
node*. We are using Windows load balancing on the web servers. Does
anybody have any idea what might cause this?

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Bureau of Information Technology
Pennsylvania Department of Health