RE: Importance of local bin directory while running root.sh

  • From: "Mahadevan, Sundar" <Sundar.Mahadevan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Paul.Baumgartel@xxxxxxx" <Paul.Baumgartel@xxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:34:53 -0400

Thanks for your input, Paul. I donot see a version number in dbhome, oraenv and
coraenv  but the header has a date as to when this script was created. Do these
scripts have any code changes between versions? In that case, replacing a 9i
dbhome, oraenv and coraenv with a 10g installation should be ok but not
otherwise? What are your comments?

--Sundar