RE: Implementation of RAC on single machine

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 07:27:17 -0800 (PST)

I agree with Mark you should do it on two machines if you have them

  In addition to Mark
     You learn how to load balance, set up different services on the machines,
the VIP set up is different, etc.

  VMware is ok but it poses it's own challenges and a what you think maybe a
Rac issue might be a vmware issue.

  my 2.5 cents worth.

  Kathy

"Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx> wrote:
      Using earlier releases of OPS/RAC some individuals have actually managed
to get two OPS instances running on the same Windows machine.  I do not think
the undertaking is worth the effort.

  I am not sure I would want to bother with VM either if the money for two
cheap machines could be found or better yet if two existing machines could be
claimed for the task.

  The only value in a single machine RAC system is as a study platform since
the failure of the machine would affect both instances.
  -- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148