RE: Impact caused because Domain Change?

  • From: "Bouwens, Frank" <frank.bouwens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>, <gabriel.aragon@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:06:10 +0100

Don't forget there is a difference in Database domain name an the server
domain name. Our SA changed the domain for all the new servers (not the
old ones) so we have 2 domain on the UNIX servers. But I kept running
the databases in the original domain (Database domain). If the Unix
server domain changes you just need to change the connect strings
provide by  TNSNAMES, ONAMES etc...

Regards,
Frank