Re: ImpDp performance

  • From: sumit Tyagi <dba.tyagisumit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 19:32:30 +0530

Thanks will look into it ... And what about exclude=statistics
On 13 May 2015 18:09, "Andrew Kerber" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Those all will help. The advantage from nologging is minimal if your redo
logs are adequately sized.

Sent from my iPad

On May 13, 2015, at 3:20 AM, sumit Tyagi <dba.tyagisumit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi oracle-L Team ,

One of our client has suggested the below to improve the impdp
performance . Please suggest on same , Can this help in performance
improvement of impdp . I have checked there are several restrictions
on network_link usage .

1. Use network_link with impdp instead of export/copy/import
2. Replace tables but exclude indexes and constraints
3 Use indexfile to generate the index/constraint creation script and
Write a script that will:

o Create the indexes in parallel (not the parallel=X option but launch
multiple create indexes simultaneously since we are on standard edition)
o Increase the sort_area_size for the session before creating the indexes
o Change the constraint create to use novalidate
o Create the indexes with nologging.

BR
Sumit