Re: If you allowed to keep only one book on Oracle - Which book it will be?

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robyn <robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 23:32:26 -0200

One book I really liked and helped me understand tuning a lot better is
Applied Mathematics for Database Professionals. I wouldn't suggest it to
anyone who doesn't really like math... but It's a great book to have.

I've also used the sybex guides for 10g certifications, and they are rather
good... then again, I guess they are only for certification... seldom if
ever you will encounter a real life sutation like those described in the
certification excercises... and refernence doc is always handy.

hth
Alan.-