Re: Idle events list

  • From: "Terry Sutton" <terrysutton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:17:29 -0700

Idle events listI've never seen a formal definition of an "idle event"
(notwithstanding the fact that I've listed some in a paper :-) ), and ignoring
idle events in addressing performance problems can be dangerous.  But if you
want a list, the table STATS$IDLE_EVENT in the PERFSTAT schema contains one.  I
would note that in some versions this list has varied, and not just because new
events have been created.

--Terry
  Does anyone have a complete list of all idle events in Oracle 9i2, including
idle RAC events?
  Thanks