RE: INSERT...SELECT pegs CPU, but is waiting on scattered read?

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:12:35 -0500

Or, I could just look at the swaping and paging from gpm...  :)  Nothing out
of the ordinary shows there (mostly process activation from 4GLs), but I
notice in "ipcs -ma" that the SGA is broken into 9 chunks.  I'm guessing
SHMMAX is too low.  But that wouldn't cause a proc to spin in CPU would it?

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA