IMPDP blocking itself?

  • From: "Uzzell, Stephan" <SUzzell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 08:23:36 -0400

Morning, listers,

I've run into a weird one here, wonder if anyone has seen anything like this
before I open an SR on it.

Have a largish datapump export that we're trying to import into a 3-node RAC,
and it has consistently (three times now) gone to 97% and hung. We successfully
imported this exact same export into a single-instance environment without
issue. Same oracle patch level, &c. only difference that we can tell is this is
RAC.

I don't see how the fact that it is RAC could be influencing it; according to
gv$session, everything looks to be happening against instance 1 (where we ran
it) In fact, we've even tried it with two of the three instances down, but no
change:

SQL> select to_char( inst_id ) inst_id
  2       , to_char( sid ) sid
  3       , to_char( serial# ) serial#
  4       , module
  5       , event
  6       , to_chaR( blocking_session ) blocking_session
  7    from gv$session
  8   where blocking_session is not  null;

IN SID  SERIA MODULE           EVENT                BLOCK
-- ---- ----- ---------------- -------------------- -----
1  491  8336  sqlplus.exe      library cache lock   522
1  509  1     Data Pump Worker library cache lock   522
1  510  3     Data Pump Worker library cache lock   522
1  514  1     Data Pump Worker library cache lock   522
1  515  3     Data Pump Worker library cache lock   522
1  517  9     Data Pump Worker library cache lock   522
1  519  21587 sqlplus.exe      library cache lock   491
1  522  22    Data Pump Worker library cache lock   522
1  524  117   Data Pump Worker library cache lock   515
1  529  2542  Data Pump Worker library cache lock   522

This interesting thing to me is that 8th row - session 522 appears to be
blocking itself!

A systemstate dump also appears to show that 522 holds the bit that 522 is
trying to acquire.

Looking at AWRs from any time during the time this has been stuck, the DP
workers all appear to be stuck on compiling various packages (I don't see
anything in v$sql or v$sqlarea with the sql_id's being reported in the AWRs -
but the module in AWR shows DP Worker)

Any thoughts?

We're on 10.2.0.4 on Win2k3 x64.

Thanks!

Stephan Uzzell | MICROS Systems, Inc.

Database Administrator - OPERA Global Technical Services
7031 Columbia Gateway Dr,  Columbia, MD  21046 | * 443.285.8000x2760 | 7
443.285.6505