I wonder what this means for us in IT....

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:06:19 -0700

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3401461

Hi List,

We all know that 'predictions' from so-called experts has been proved to be
totally incorrect, but it seems that *is* some confidence building up. For
sure, there has been some (!) belt-tightening, cost-cutting, (wo)manpower
trimming, etc. and I believe (most of) the flab has been shaved off in the
past three years. Folks who jumped on the IT bandwagon from other areas have
mostly dropped off, consulting rates have stabilized (?), jobs for
experienced folks have started coming back and I do detect some job-hopping
here and there, Offshoring isn't heard that often (at least the protests
seemed to have weakened)..... So is this just me or is it all of you? And is
it just the US or elsewhere as well?

Just wondering aloud, s'all!

John Kanagaraj